DESTINY HOUSE is a structured sober living environment in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our mission is to provide a clean and sober living environment for women in recovery from drug and/ or alcohol addictions. The mandate of the project is to help individuals who have a desire to stay sober and become productive members of society. The project values the participant's involvement in the recovery fellowships which is essential to the recovery process of the residents. Residents are mandated to attend 12-step meetings, work with a 12-step sponsor and do the 12-steps. These actions are essential to facilitate growth and prepare residents to achieve good emotional sobriety. DESTINY HOUSE'S philosophy is that individual's need to possess honesty, open-mindedness and willingness to initiate a change in their lifestyle to deal with addiction/alcoholism. All individuals must be drug and alcohol free upon intake.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be female addict or alcoholic by admission
- Required to commit to the residency for 90 days minimum
- Must be detoxed, no drugs or alcohol in system
- At least 30 days sober and have completed inpatient/outpatient treatment program(within the last year or at the discretion of house manager)
- Must not have a history of sex crimes or arson. Commit to attending abstinence based support groups (AA/CA/NA)
- Prepared to work, attend school or volunteer.